TIACA is The International Air Cargo Association and the unique international not-for-profit association representing and uniting all parts of the air cargo industry: shippers, forwarders, ground handlers, airports, airlines, manufacturers, IT providers, etc. TIACA members are traditional players and new entrants, small, medium and large companies with regional and global reach.
Launched in the early 1990s, our roots go back to 1960, when a committee of the Society of Automotive Engineers in the USA launched the first Air Cargo Forum to explore the needs of the emerging air cargo industry.
“TIACA’s vision is a safe, profitable and united air cargo industry that embraces modern technologies and practices to sustainably and fairly serve trade and social development worldwide”.
- Set the vision for air cargo industry
- Unite the industry with one voice on common interests
- Support or lead, as appropriate, necessary change in the air cargo industry
- Disseminate and enhance knowledge amongst members and the air cargo industry
- Promote and encourage business, social, and technological innovation
- Courage: we demonstrate leadership, act with assertiveness, challenge the status quo to shape a better future and find new ways to contribute to our industry’s success, and we are recognized as the leading association for the air cargo industry
- Inclusiveness: we represent all members, regardless of their size and geographic location, we strive for common solutions in everyone’s interest and to the benefit of our industry and we create a culture of warmth and belonging for all air cargo community stakeholders
- Teamwork: we leverage collective genius to be stronger together and make the difference, both within TIACA and with our industry partners
- Integrity: we do the right thing, we are always transparent, we deliver our absolute best in all we do, holding ourselves accountable for results and members have trust in us”
TIACA is governed by its Trustee members, who in turn elect the Board of Directors to manage the organization’s affairs and establish its policy.
The Board of Directors manage and administer the organization, oversee the committee structure, and exercise executive authority over our events.