Magma Aviation (a subsidiary company of Chapman Freeborn Group) is a well-established company offering the air cargo industry unique expertise in managing aircraft. A position has become available in our Operations Department to join a team providing 24/7 operational support for our global schedule and charter operations.
We are offering a competitive salary and the opportunity to join a dynamic and hardworking but friendly team of experienced aviation professionals. Our office is situated 15 minute walk south of Gatwick South Terminal enabling quick commute to/from London or Brighton on public transport.
The successful candidate will possess first class communication skills and the ability to take a pro-active and enthusiastic approach to contribute positively to a varied and pressured work load whilst adapting to changing priorities as they arise. Exemplary time keeping and attention to detail are mandatory and a positive attitude to working as part of a team or individually is essential. A second language although not essential would be an advantage.
- Candidates who are able to demonstrate proven experience in a majority or all of the following skill sets will be considered favourably.
- A background in airline operations to include a sound knowledge of aircraft limitations, a clear understanding of TAF, METAR and NOTAM bulletins, aircraft scheduling and a familiarity with IATA / ICAO airport codes
- General flight watch disciplines to include: Customer and supplier liaison, monitoring an operation from cargo delivery and pallet build or passenger arrival, through flight stages and arrival at destination while providing pro-active solutions any problems that may occur and to ensure an efficient and on time schedule
- A sound understanding of crew FTDLs
- Previous experience in:
- Traffic and overflight application process and procedures
- Aircraft and cargo or passenger handling arrangements
- Warehouse or passenger terminal procedures
- Fuel arrangements
- ULD tracking and logistics
- Crew support services including crew catering, HOTAC and crew positioning
- A good working knowledge of Jeppesen Jetplanner (or similar CFP systems)
- B747F load study and load planning experience
If you wish to apply for the above vacancy, please forward your CV with a cover letter supporting your application and explaining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.