TIACA has developed a new online Cargo Service Quality (CSQ) tool to help improve visibility and facilitate global standards across the air cargo supply chain. This is also a step towards providing shippers with the ability to view the quality of service delivered by players in air cargo supply chain.
The initiative is the result of a year of research undertaken by a team of TIACA Board members, which revealed that the lack of visibility and absence of uniform global standards results in air freight business deals being limited by cost considerations, lack of product improvements, and perceived lack of value for money.
Led by Chairman Sanjiv Edward, Head of Cargo Business, Delhi International Airport, and Cheemeng Wong, Senior Vice President, Cargo Services, SATS Ltd, the new tool will play a key role in standardizing cargo quality assessment globally, establishing new benchmark parameters, identifying strength and improvement areas, optimizing investments, and sharing best practice in the industry.
Participants will be able to fill out an online Cargo Quality Assessment Form either every quarter, or every six months, and will have access to a customized Quality Dashboard.
Key benefits of taking part include gap analyses in order to identify strength and improvement areas, and best practice sharing.
The pilot phase of the program includes assessment tools for airports and cargo terminal operators, and the CSQ will eventually be available to measure other segments of the air cargo supply chain.
The program has received backing from players at leading airports worldwide, including Hong Kong International Airport, Singapore Changi Airport, New Delhi Airport, Brussels Airport, and Beijing Capital Airport.
The pilot launch of CSQ took place on 23rd April 2018.
The following cargo terminals and airports are participating in the pilot launch as of now.
- SATS Airport Services Pte Ltd (SATS), Singapore
- Asia Airfreight Terminal (AAT), Hong Kong
- PT Jas Angkasa Semesta (PT JAS), Indonesia
- Beijing Aviation Ground Services CO Ltd (BGS), China
- Hyderabad Menzies Air Cargo Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad, India
- Celebi Delhi Cargo Terminal Management India Private Limited Delhi, India
- Delhi Cargo Service Centre, Delhi, India
- Air Cargo Centre, Cochin International Airport, Cochin, India
- Menzies Aviation Bobba (B’lore) Pvt Ltd, Bangalore, India
- Air India SATS Airport Services Pvt. Ltd (AI SATS), Bangalore, India
- Chennai International Airport, Chennai, India
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport Cargo Terminal, Kolkata, India
- Coimbatore International Airport Cargo Terminal, Coimbatore, India
- Madurai International Airport Cargo Terminal, Madurai, India
- GSEC Ahmedabad Cargo Terminal, Ahmedabad, India
To find out more about TIACA’s Cargo Service Quality tool, contact TIACA’s Secretariat at email@example.com