Recognizing the development of long-term strategies and investments to achieve a sustainable industry is key to guaranteeing the future of air cargo, TIACA has launched a Sustainability program. It aims at supporting the air cargo industry in its necessary transformation to do good for the planet, the people and the business, through innovation and partnerships. This is our 3+2 vision: people, planet, prosperity + innovation & partnerships.
The program ambitions to:
- Drive sustainability goals within the air cargo industry
- Raise awareness & give a higher sense of sustainability urgency
- Share best practices
- Call for innovations and partnerships
- Support members to move from reactive to proactive strategies
- Help organisations all size and everywhere to define their own sustainability strategies and action plan
- Celebrate individual successes and communicate on industry achievements
- Unite multiple stakeholders with shared commitments & global targets & one voice
One of the elements of the program, is the annual Air Cargo Sustainability Award, sponsored by CHAMP Cargosystems. The first edition concluded on Wednesday 20 November in Budapest during the TIACA Executive Summit: each of the 3 finalists presented their projects and the judges and delegates voted for their preferred one. Congratulations to Wings for Aid, 2019 winner and M&G Packaging and Nallian, 2019 finalists!
In addition, TIACA has launched a series of 4Cargo webinars which includes Sustainability. Click here to get more information.
Strategic Program Partners