Transportation of COVID-19 Vaccines
Sunrays Project to help air cargo industry get ready
As pharmaceutical companies race to develop COVID-19 vaccines, it is still unclear what impact it will have on the global supply chain, specifically, logistics requirements and the air cargo industry readiness.
TIACA and Pharma.Aero joined forces and launched Sunrays project in August 2020 to help the air cargo industry get ready for this unprecedented challenge.
- Provide the air cargo industry with clarity of the needs and expectations from vaccines producers and better visibility on future COVID-19 vaccines specifications impacting logistics, like manufacturing sites, production volumes, handling and storage specificities, track and trace requirements.
- Provide pharma shippers with more visibility on existing airfreight capabilities: infrastructure on the ground, airfreight capacity, expertise, as well as better understanding of constraints and needs from airfreight providers to serve them adequately.
The final Sunrays webinar has been scheduled March 4, 2021 at 2:00 pm. The session will include:
- briefing on latest whitepaper released
- sector spotlight
- panel discussion “Collaboration is the key to success – Airport Communities”
Download Sunrays white paper to understand vaccines’ logistics specifications and readiness of air cargo industry
In September, we had concerns about the lack of preparedness sentiment within the global air cargo industry revealed by the 1st airfreight readiness survey (. Two months later, it is encouraging to see higher readiness with 46% of the respondents feeling well prepared and an industry average improving to 6.92 out of 10.
Download second Sunrays white paper for recommended practices and insights for effective COVID-19 vaccine air transportation and handling
Part of the original Project Sunrays scope, the group developed guidelines for the air cargo and pharmaceutical industry to use in the transportation and handling of the COVID-19 vaccines.
- TIACA and Pharma.Aero released a second report for air cargo and pharmaceutical industries outlining recommended practices and insights for effective COVID-19 vaccine air transportation and handling. (press release)
- TIACA, together with Pharma.Aero released a special report for air cargo, pharmaceuticals and life sciences professionals detailing the requirements and airfreight preparedness for COVID-19 vaccines transportation. (press release)
- TIACA and Pharma.Aero call for an urgent industry collaboration to address a severe lack of readiness for COVID-19 vaccine logistics (press release)
- TIACA and Pharma.Aero Join Forces to Prepare Air Cargo Industry for COVID-19 Vaccine (press release)