Vacancy – Director General of TIACA
The Director General is the Chief Executive Officer of the Association and, subject to the control and direction of the Board, supervises the affairs of the Association.
The Director General is responsible for:
- The day-to-day management of the Head Office, including staff management, budget preparation and control of all funds, in a way that ensures financial and operational success.
- The planning and execution of the strategy developed together with the Executive Committee and approved by the Board.
- The delivery of agreed projects and programs and performance reporting to the Board.
For membership and external relations, the Director General serves as TIACA primary representative, media contact and spokesperson and represents TIACA at Air Cargo events and towards other organizations.
The priorities for the new TIACA’s Director General will be to:
- Raise the profile of the new TIACA, delivering and expending the new agenda to exceed members and industry expectations
- Attract investments and commitments for new program development and delivery
- Develop regional and international partnerships with both private and public sectors
- Expand the current membership base
The working language of the Association is English.
TIACA Headquarters: Miami, Florida, USA.
TIACA is ready to consider remote locations but would require the Director General to commit to be onsite at least 20% of his/her time.
The Director General is expected to be sharply and actively focussed on delivering measurable results, providing visionary leadership as well as practical management.
Specifically, TIACA’s Director General should have:
- A strong leadership, building and motivating effective and productive teams
- A good understanding and preferably a proven experience of issues, policies, technologies, developments, and trends affecting the air cargo industry
- Experience in developing and implementing innovative programs, able to respond to ever-changing environments
- Proven project management skills and be results-oriented
- A solid track record of establishing, managing, and developing collaborative working relationships with a range of internal and external bodies
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills at the most senior levels to lead, develop and participate in partnerships and strategic alliances
- The ability to establish credibility, trust, and loyalty quickly, particularly in new areas of influence
- Ability to think clearly and analytically, grasp complex issues and develop sound judgments in a sensitive environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to represent the Association in the media and in international events
- A good experience of trade associations, board and/or committee work and procedures, including administration and finance of such.
- Experience working in an international and multicultural environment
Leadership at this level and the responsibility involved in managing membership funds, calls for someone of outstanding caliber and of the greatest personal integrity.
Applications for this post in the form of a cover letter and CV should be addressed, no later than September 15, 2020, to TIACA’s Selection Committee at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
A support of the candidature by one or more Members will be an asset.
TIACA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women.